Predator Executioner Conversion
Drive me closer so I can punch that Ork!
I’ve really wanted a Leman Russ Executioner for ages but you know… that’s an Imperial Guard thing. When I found the rules from Forge World I totally had to jump on that one! I’m really not a fan of the pre-heresy style so the Forge World model was a no for me and I set about converting my own.
KITS/BITS I USED:
- Baal Predator Boxset
- Leman Russ Executioner Plasma Gun
- Vindicator Extra Armour Side Plates
- Chimera Dozer blade
- Build Predator
- Lop off the gun mantlet
- Cut off the Leman Russ mounting bits from the Plasma Gun
- Stick Plasma Gun to gun mantlet
- Slap the Vindicator side panels on
- Add 1 angry Power Fist Templar
- Sprinkle with angry dust
- Have a cup of tea
PLANS ON USING IT!
Firstly, why no sponsons? Well, I have a Predator Annihilator, I often have it moving, in which case the sponsons are always snapfiring, or I have it sat in a ruin, in which case one or both of the sponsons can’t see over the wall its hiding behind. Either way, they’re really not effective. My Templar force is quite mobile so I wanted this Predator to be mobile… I can’t snapfire the Plasma Destroyer so I just left the sponsons at home and used the points elsewhere. Meltabombs for my Sword Brothers for example. Couple of flamers here and there. Way better.
Dozer blade…. ftw! I dont want this beast getting stuck on a stupid wall!
Plasma Cannon! Hell yes! Whole reason for this tank, 3 blasts and no Gets Hot!… total win!
HAVING USED IT
So far this tanks has been in 2 games:
- Got blown up after 1 round of shooting… boo! :( it did knock a couple of wounds off a Trygon though!
- Rolled double 1 for dangerous terrain caused by Iron Hands Thunderfire… FREAKING KIDDING ME!?!
So I’m not onto a winner yet… I think its because everyones scared of it… at least that leaves my Templars free to get up close and personal.