July 2016 tournament rules
Right, tournament rules time. Will keep it relatively simple. I’ve plucked from a couple of different sources that seem to work quite nicely.
- 1,650pts armies
- Battle Forged armies, only. No Unbound lists.
- Each player’s list MUST contain either a combined arms detachment (CAD) or their respective army based detachment (e.g. Grey Knights Nemesis Strike Force). In addition to this they may be accompanied by additionall formations (i.e. May not contain an additional detachment).
- Formation based detachments (e.g. Necron Decurion, Space Marine Gladius Strike Force, etc) are not be allowed.
- The allied detachment is not allowed.
- All armies must be comprised from a single faction codex. The only exceptions to this rule are units from any of the following codices: Cult Mechanicus, Skitarii, Imperial Knights, Harlequins, Khorne Daemonkin, Militarum Tempestus, Legion of the Damned & Inquisition. These codices may be used in conjunction with a detachment or formation, from a faction who they are considered to be Battle Brothers with. Supplement codices are also allowed and count as using their parent codex.
- Players have a maximum of 400 points that they may spend on Lords of War
- Regardless of Detachment/formation, no more than 1 Super Heavy/Gargantuan Lord of War may be taken in your army.
- If one player has a Super Heavy/Gargantuan LoW and the other does not, the player without can roll on the Escalation Warlord Table and gains +1 to Seize the Initiative.
- For every 3 Hull Points/Wounds dealt to a Super Heavy/Gargantuan Creature LoW, the player dealing the damage earns a bonus maelstrom point.
- There will be 3 games played during the course of the day.
- Each game will consist of three missions; A Primary, Secondary and Tertiary, which will be scored as follows:
1) Primary Mission: Crusade 14vp (Eternal War Mission)
2) Secondary Mission: Deadlock 8vp (Maelstrom Mission)
3) Tertiary Mission: Slay the Warlord, Linebreaker & First Strike 6vp
- In the case of a draw on any of the missions, both players will get half the points for that mission.
- When drawing your maelstrom cards, if there is absolutely zero possibility of achieving the objective, (for example, “kill an enemy psyker” but your opponent has none in their army list) you may immediately discard it and draw a new card. That being said, if there is even the slightest remote possibility of achieving the mission, regardless of how slim or ludicrous it may be, then you must accept the card.
- All maelstrom cards that are worth D3 points are automatically worth 2, and cards worth D6 are worth 3.
- All games will be played using the Dawn of War deployment.
- No mysterious objectives will be used.
- First blood will be replaced with “First Strike”. You gain a point if you managed to kill a unit on your first turn
++ TRANSMISSION END ++